Thursday, April 16, 2015

Primavera Socks

I have a love/hate relationship with Kroy sock yarn.  I don't enjoy knitting with it since it tends to be splitty and hairy.  

Also, the Kroy FX line can have skeins look completely different when knit up even though they are in the same dye lot.  


However, I love the finished socks.  They are always so cozy and feel like they will last forever.  The Kroy yarn is also very affordable and easily available in local craft stores.


This colorway (Discontinued - Clay Colors) was not the most exciting to see develop when knitting, but I now see that they will look great with every pair of jeans I wear.

The pattern, Primavera Socks, is very easy to follow and memorize.  I did mess up when I shifted the pattern a few stitches over in the beginning - didn't center it on the top of the foot when starting the heel flap.  I decided to embrace this mistake and repeat it on the second sock - I even mirrored my mistake.  I doubt anyone will notice or even care!







No comments:

Post a Comment