Friday, March 27, 2015

Podcaster cowl

I'll be seeing my in-laws this weekend and decided a few days ago to knit something for my mother-in-law.  I decided to use some Patons DK Superwash in Magenta that I had in the stash.  Perfect choice since she likes bright colors. 


I also thought she would get use out of a cowl and decided that the Podcaster Cowl would be perfect for my yardage.  My goal was to get two total repeats of the chart, which I did with a little bit of yarn to spare.


The first repeat of the leaf design was a little time consuming, but then I figured out the pattern and cruised along.  It is a very intuitive chart, but only if you can read your knitting.   The cowl was initially pretty close to the neck, but it blocked larger and with a lovely drape.

  
Susan Ashcroft, the designer of this pattern, has many other cowl patterns that look beautiful.  Many of them are on my must knit list - just need more knitting time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment